Easy Peezy Ice Cream Recipe
Many people don’t own an ice cream maker, but would like to know how to make homemade ice cream. This simple recipe will show you how. Be careful, it takes several hours to do, but the end result is worth it.
1 cup caster sugar
1 cup of water
1 cup fresh cream
Anything you want to put into the mix.
Examples: 1 cup melted chocolate (for chocolate ice cream)
1 cup strawberries/raspberries, etc.
If you want to make vanilla ice cream, just have a few drops of vanilla essence or vanilla beans etc.
Basically you can put any flavor you want in the mix, try experimenting. I make chocolate peanut butter ice cream using this recipe.
1. Combine water and sugar in a saucepan. Heat until the water boils and all the sugar is dissolved.
2. When the sugar is dissolved, add the cream and the rest of the ingredients. Stir constantly to prevent the mixture from burning.
3. Bring to the boil again.
4. When the mixture boils, reduce the heat and simmer until the mixture has reduced a little.
5. Once reduced, remove the mixture from the heat and pour it into a container and let the mixture cool, stirring a few times until the mixture has thickened.
6. Place the container in your freezer (if you have an ice cream maker, put the mixture in the ice cream maker now).
7. Every half hour, take the mixture out of the freezer and stir it thoroughly.
8. Repeat step 7. until the mixture has frozen to the chosen consistency.
9. Eat your ice cream.